Here we are on the Rhein in Buesingen; quite common house construction with wood beams and in between is stucco; a statue thing in Meersburg on Bodensee.
MAY 26, 2010 WEDNESDAY
This morning we went over preparations for our meeting with Jasmine Hunziker. Silvia told us yesterday that she wasn’t feeling too good again and because of that, wasn’t able to go to the branch BBQ Monday. We were hoping she would be well enough for us to meet with her this morning. We took the train at 10:01 and arrived at her door at 10:10. She greeted us with a smile and welcome even though she still wasn’t feeling well. After the initial pleasantries, we had a prayer and taught her the first lesson. We felt a good Spirit there as she participated in the discussion. Little David, her four year old son, was a little frisky, but he’s a sweet kid and didn’t distract a whole lot. When we talked about the gospel being a blessing for families, he was an important visual aid. At the conclusion of the discussion, we gave her a Book of Mormon along with the Joseph Smith pamphlet and the one on the Proclamation on the Family. We challenged her to read them; she accepted the challenge saying she had plenty of time today and was anxious to begin. The BM was a little daunting for her so we told her we’d bring her a list of scriptures that would help her get an overview before she started reading it from the beginning. Part of the challenge was to pray for an answer that it is true and she accepted that challenge, too. We made an appointment for tomorrow at 10:00 to bring her the list of scriptures and to give her a priesthood blessing to help her with her illness, anxiety and stress about not knowing what is causing the problem. When asked to say the closing prayer, she was too shy, but said she’d try and say it the next time.
We returned home to have lunch and then get the English BM for Roger and a birthday present for Carla Wigger. We went back into Schaffhausen and got on bus #25 to travel out to Buch, but decided to stop in Buesingen first to visit Carla. We had a nice visit with her and Fabian, her son, who has a two week vacation from school right now. We gave Carla her gift and we also gave Fabian one of the Camp Helaman coins depicting the armor of God as described in Ephesians 6:11-18. We read the scripture and then talked about what it meant in terms of real life. We had a prayer and then left to continue on our way to visit Roger in Buch. We returned to the bus stop and saw we had enough time to walk to the Rhine River, look around and then walk back. It was then we noticed on the bus schedule that there wasn’t another bus going to Buch until 4:30 and the current time was 2:12. When the bus came, we got on it anyway just to see if it would take us to Buch, but it didn’t. It took us to Thayngen instead. We called Roger and told him that we hadn’t looked carefully at the bus schedule when we made the appointment and that we could meet with him later at 5:00. We understood him to say that he was coming into Schaffhausen on the 5:00 bus and when he got into Schaffhausen, he would call us. So we went on home and did other things and then I went back into Schaffhausen to see if he came in on the 5:30 bus.
I wanted to be in time to be there when his bus arrived so I would know if he really came or not. When I got to Schaffhausen, I saw that his bus was already there and everyone had gotten off. I was walking up and down the sidewalk in front of the bahnhof to see if I could find him. As I was doing this he called me and we tried to set up a place to meet. The street is always noisy with so many people coming and going it was hard to hear and his poor English didn’t help either. Finally, after not being able to find him, I called him back and told him I would wait in front of the post office and he could find me. That finally worked. He said he didn’t have time to meet with us tonight and we agreed to set up another appointment on Sunday at Church. He said he had a lot of questions that he’d like to ask us. He also asked for a priesthood/relief society manual and I told him we didn’t have one, but we’d try and get him one of those, too. He wants to be prepared when he comes to priesthood meeting.
Before I came home I visited the Denners market and bought some bananas and banana yogurt to make banana nut bread for Angie’s baptism Sunday. I also bought a loaf of bread and some Roesti (hashbrowns) to put in our supply closet. I put all of that in my backpack and walked home.
Sylvain left a message on our phone while we were away today letting us know he would not be able to have a visit tomorrow until after 5:30. We would have liked to have talked to him to find out how his day went and also to find out if funding was arranged for his stay in the recovery clinic. We also tried to called Paul to set up an appointment for tomorrow, but never got in touch with him.
1 comment:
You are sounding very busy these days. Darn those bus schedules!
Post a Comment