Found another cow statue in old town Zurich; Elder Norton; President Matern.
SEPTEMBER 30, 2009 FRIDAY
Today was interview with Pres. Matern day so all of the missionaries in our zone were scheduled to come to the stake center throughout the day. We’ve noticed that missionaries cut their own or each other’s hair to save money (haircuts cost minimum $35.00 on up) and sometimes it ends up not being the best. We offered to set up a hair cutting station in the gym and any missionary who wanted one, could get one before or after their interview. Elder Nilsson called around yesterday to see if any wanted one, and he told me a few said they did. He said the first one would be at the church at 10:00 so that is when I got there. I gave several haircuts between 10:00 and our interview appointment at 12:15. Diana arrived for our interview, but Pres. Matern wanted his hair cut before our interview so she had to wait for a little bit. Our interviews are always laid back and friendly, but we went over the names of less-actives we’re working with and how they are progressing. We talked a bit about our investigators, Valerie Otte, Frieda and Liz Bouso. He also wanted to know our opinion about how well the ward is supporting the missionary work. He always asks about our health and if we need anything. After our interview I continued to cut hair all afternoon until about 5:00. These are the Elders whose hair I cut today: Ivie, Rowley, Knight, Irick, Norton, Lind, Linford, West, Hodges, President Matern, and several who’s names I can’t remember. All in all, it was a busy day and, if I had been charging the going rate, it would have been a profitable one as well. I should have had one more haircut, but Elder Zenger must not have trusted me. He said he’d just cut his own hair and he was satisfied with how it looked. I told him it was a bit scruffy (I was being kind), but he didn’t seem to mind. You might notice Elder Norton's name among those I cut today. I cut his hair yesterday and thought I had cut it so short he wouldn't ask to have it cut shorter. Evidently he loves me to cut his hair because he had me cut it even shorter today. He said yesterday he thought it was short enough, but overnight he changed his mind.
We received a phone call from Sister Ryser who said she had talked with Elisabeth Kalt’s guardian. He said that Elisabeth’s sisters told him she was still Catholic and paid taxes to that church and they didn’t want us teaching her anything. He said we could visit as long as we left religion out of it. Elisabeth is mentally handicapped and we really weren’t sure how much she understood anyway, although it’s sad we can’t continue to teach her.
1 comment:
$35 for a haircut?? Wow! What a good service you are doing. I have clippers too and cut Rich's hair and the office elders. But, that is the extent of my patrons. I could never do what you do. Good job. Hna Kroff
Post a Comment