Thursday, December 11, 2008


Elders Elend and Evans; Elder Grassli, Sister & Pres. Matern

DECEMBER 11, 2008 THURSDAY

It was supposed to snow all day today and it did. It isn’t the kind of snow we get at home, just kind of a light falling snow. Today was kind of a funny day for us, in that we didn’t get out looking up member addresses. We volunteered to help with Monika Ryser’s wedding tomorrow evening and we’re bringing brownies too. So Diana spent all day baking brownies while I translated more chapters of Fabian’s book. In between Diana continued to do her studying and memorizing. Diana was asked to give the closing prayer at Naeide’s baptism Sunday, so she’s particularly hard at work memorizing. The Lord has just got to be pleased with her effort to learn the language. I have completed thirteen chapters of Fabian’s book and I’ll sure be glad when I have it done. It’s an interesting story of his conversion and I know it’s important to him to get not only the words right, but to try and get his feelings captured too. I try really hard to listen to the Spirit as I do this service for Fabian. In between batches of brownies we had to go into Schwamendingen to buy some more ingredients.

About 2:30 Elders Pine and Middleton brought over some church videos and DVD’s to wrap for our Luzern exposition on Saturday. He also brought a case of BM’s, but we decided not to wrap these because we felt a message has to be given as well as the book. Before they left we fed them dinner because it seems they are always hungry. I asked them if they had an oven to cook in and Elder Middleton replied they don’t. I asked him if they could cook where they stay and he said they usually eat out. I responded I hadn’t seen anyplace to eat out where the food wasn’t really expensive so they must go without eating a lot. He looked kind of sheepish so I think that’s the case more than not. Everything we offer them they eat right up. Later on Elders Elend and Evans dropped in to add their photos to the zone conference slide show and we fed them too before they left. They left at about 10:00 and now we have our computer back. By the way, Diana’s brownies turned out great, delicious.

Video clip of Elder Pine's dance for the talent part of Zone Conference.

2 comments:

Roxy said...

Hey, that elder can dance quite well! Mom's brownies are usually really good unless she forgets an ingredient and they taste and feel like a car's floor mat! (Remember, mom?) You both do so much service for everyone around you, I am sure the Lord is pleased with all you do. I want to hear mom do some german on video!

bECCA said...

Elder Pine dances awesome!! Too bad the video wasn't a little longer. I want to hear you both sing a song in German!