November 12, 2008 Wednesday
Today started like all the rest, but it was rainy this morning so we decided rather than go out and get wet, we’d stay in a plot the rest of the zip codes onto Google Maps. We got finished around 2:00 and then got ready and went out searching and finding. We decided we’d try and find Paul Price, the one who we tried to find sometime ago but couldn’t. This time we had better directions, but we still had a problem because neither one of us was paying attention. We got on the bus for the 2nd leg of our trip and forgot to pay attention to the stops. When we realized we didn’t know what stops we’d passed and which one was coming up, I jumped up, went to the middle of the bus to look at the map, thought I knew where we were, then went back and sat down. I thought we’d passed our stop so we got off to go back the other way. We got on the bus going back and low and behold, we were back at the beginning. We should have gone one more stop. So we started the right way again and this time we paid attention. We finally got to the right stop. We walked to Paul Price’s apartment, rang the bell, introduced us over the speaker and was rewarded by “keine Interesse” which means “no interest.” So our trip was in vain, but we are accomplishing our task of finding each member and their status in regards to the Church. It’s always sad when someone rejects you which means they’re really rejecting the Lord.
Sometimes when riding around, we get out of the city proper and get to see some pretty or interesting views. On our way back we got off at a tram stop to take some photos overlooking Zurich. We should of taken a photo of some long steep stairs up to peoples apartments we passed when walking to Paul Price’s home. If Rebecca ever saw these steps, she would never again complain about hers.
We went back towards home, but decided to go on to Schwamendingenplatz to withdraw some money from the ATM. When we got there it was totally dark and there was a long line for the ATM. We decided to go for a walk around the platz until the line went down because I’ve only used the ATM once 6 weeks ago just after we arrived. I didn’t want to try with a long line in case I couldn’t remember how to do it. We went in to a little grocery store we hadn’t been in before. They had some comparably cheap prices on some things so we bought some dates, a cucumber for a salad, bananas and two cans of string beans. And surprises of all surprises, we found some small bottles of CORN SYRUP. Imagine that! The trouble is the little bottles cost almost $5.00 each so we didn’t buy any because we still have three bottles from Halloween. If we need some later, we know where to get it.
We went back to the ATM, but it was still busy. We decided it would be better to try during the daytime. While we were waiting for our tram, a couple of drunks were stumbling around the bench area where you wait. One tried to put his glass wine bottle into the trash, but missed. Of course it broke which spread glass shards all over. We decided to move down a little ways. Finally the tram came and we went home. Dinner was Lasagne and a delicious green salad.
I guess that’s all for today. It’ll still be raining tomorrow, at least during the morning. It is supposed to get better for the weekend, stop raining and get a little warmer. Dear Sis. Roffler has invited us to lunch at noon tomorrow to help celebrate her daughter’s birthday. Diana is going to give Brigitte a sunstone for her birthday present. Hope she likes it.
3 comments:
thanks for posting pictures of your place (now we want one from the outside - the building) you both look great! miss you terribly!
What mo said!
I may not complain for a little while, but we bought 62 cases of tile each one weighing 35 lbs. We carried over 2100 lbs up those stinking stairs! I hate my stairs. I hate MOST stairs not just my own.
It sounds like one adventure after another with those busses, ATMs and drunkards! I can't wait to see how your journal looks in another 3 months after you get your bearings and maps figured out. Your house is cute, but I think you need some family pics around the house.
Post a Comment