NOVEMBER 21, 2008 FRIDAY
We started off the day doing our wash and then we went back to Embrach in a cold, rainy, windy morning. Fortunately the tram stop by our apartment is underground so at least we weren’t getting wet or blown away while waiting for he tram. It is always cold down there however. We traveled to our stop in Lufingen by Embrach and, after walking uphill (why never downhill?) and winding around we found the address. A young lady answered the window (she opened a window instead of the door) and said no such person lived there who we were looking for. So we went back to our bus stop (downhill this time) and waited for the bus to come. This time there was a three sided waiting station there so we didn’t have to stand in the wind and rain. We got on the bus after a 30 minute wait and rode it to the end of the line. We were looking for one more street, but didn’t see it. We plotted an address on Google Maps and the satellite picture showed no building anywhere in the area. We didn’t want to walk there with the weather the way it was just to find an empty field. We’ll try again on a good day just to verify. Usually we don’t get much wind, but today it was strong. We saw many people with umbrellas turned inside out when they tried to use them. We wished we had windshield wipers on our glasses. We don’t want to miss anyone. We rode back home and decided to stay in the rest of today. We’ve done some more computer searching and had some good results. We called a few people and got various responses. We called the phone number of the one who lived in Lufingen and a woman answered and said Tom Mauss had never been a member of our church. We called another phone number off our member list and the person who answered said she had never heard of the person we were trying to call. We also called the home-bound sister we visited a few weeks ago and set up an appointment for Sunday to visit her. Her husband should be there with her this time. At least we know we’ll get a warm reception there. So the work goes on trying to update and locate all the people on the ward member list. Hopefully we’ll be done with this before long so we can concentrate on other things.
4 comments:
I'm wondering if you will be in this same area the whole time, or will you be transferred around like the other missionaries? It seems so far that things are different for you, being senior missionaries, or is it the same and I just don't know it? Does it echo in the FHE bomb shelter?
Is mom going to wear warmer shoes when it starts to snow doing all of that walking? I am surprised on how uninformed the wards are on where their members are or are not. I guess you are the ones to bring them up to date on that and set them straight.
I've tried to get mom to buy betyter shoes, but she says she's ok for now. We'll see. The members are so scattered out that it would be hard to keep track of all of them, but we've had questions about the same thing. HT and VT could do phone contacting, but I'm not the judge of that. We just try and do our part. The member here are very good and dedicated. I'll try and give a description of what we think our role as senior missionaries is in my next blog entry. I think we won't we transferred around. It doesn't seem to echo in the basement classrooms. Love you lots. Dad.
I do know how to spell. What I didn't do very well is proof read. Sorry.
Post a Comment